Living with the Neighbour who is Different: Christian Faith in a Multi Religious World
This theological resource, prepared by Rev. Dr. Keith Rowe, was adopted by the Ninth Assembly of the Uniting Church in Australia. Its purpose was to guide the Uniting Church as it entered an increasingly diverse society where many faiths are practiced. It offers the following theological affirmations as primary values and guiding principles for the Uniting Church's relationship with people of other faiths:
- God is calling us to engage in conversation with people of other faiths.
- Christians are called to love the neighbour who is different.
- God has placed the contemporary Church in an ideal situation to engage in genuine dialogue with those of other faiths.
- God delights in diversity and seeks unity.
- The Spirit is present in all of life.
- The centrality of Jesus Christ in Christian believing is not to be compromised.
The full text of the statement in booklet form is available for order through MediaCom Education Inc for $8.50 plus shipping.
Phone: 1800 811 311